- 1 box of refrigerated Pie Crust..(I used the Pillsbury 2 pack)
- 3/4 cup Blueberry (or any flavor) Pie Filling
- 1 cup of sparkle/decorative Sugar…the pretty stuff! Regular is just fine too!
- 1 egg for egg wash..(1 egg, well beaten with a splash of water)
- A dusting of flour to slightly roll out the dough to make them even with each other…
- a 3″ round cookie cutter
Unroll both crusts and spread one of them with the Pie Filling, cut the other crust into 18 even strips, this will be the lattice.
Place 9 of the strips onto the Pie Filling and peel back every other strip~ add the other 9 strips one at a time..weaving as you go, to form a lattice top, Brush the lattice topped crust with some egg wash And a generous sprinkling of Sugar.
Cut them out with your cookie cutter any cutter you’d like will work.
I like the 3″ round for a substantial pie-like cookie.
Using a spatula to transfer them, place them gently onto a sheet pan (I DIDN’T GREASE MY PAN)
Bake them at 350 degrees for approx, 12 minutes. You just want them golden so keep an eye on them
Let them cool and take a moment to enjoy their beauty.