Yes, really. If that title doesn’t make your heart skip a beat then I don’t think you’re human.
I’m sure most people are trying to lose those extra holiday pounds (myself included) so save this recipe as I’m sure the sugar high from Christmas will wear off eventually. These brownies are truly amazing. Moist brownies topped with the sweetest peanut butter frosting, it’s truly the perfect combination. However, make sure you make these brownies when you have guests because this is not a dessert you want to be alone with. The only mistake I made when making these was doubling the recipe and making a 9×13 pan of delicious brownies. I highly suggest making the original recipe (in an 8×8 pan) unless you’re feeding a ton of people since these brownies are so sweet, a little bit definitely goes a long way with these bad boys!
Browned Butter Brownies with Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
For the Brownies:
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
For the Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Continue cooking until butter has turned a golden-brown color. It should smell caramel-y. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and cocoa. Add vanilla. Stir in eggs on at a time, until well-incorporated. Stir in salt and flour until just combined.
- Line an 8 x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Pour in brownie batter and smooth the surface. Bake brownies at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until brownies are set. (A toothpick inserted will still come out with a few crumbs) Allow brownies to completely cool before frosting.
- Make frosting by beating butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and pinch of salt until light and fluffy. Spread over brownies. Slice brownies into 16 squares.