- 4 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and diced
- tsp. jalapeño, seeded and minced (or to taste)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 (6-oz) wild Copper River salmon fillets
Place tomatillos in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos and when cool enough to handle, roughly chop them.
Combine the tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Gently fold in the avocado and add jalapeño. Season with salt to taste.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chili powder, cumin, sugar, and salt. Sprinkle fish with a spice mix.
Heat a large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Cook the salmon rub side down for 2 minutes then flip and place the pan in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer fish fillets to plates and top with the Cilantro Avocado Salsa.