I couldn’t wait to make doughnuts again since I had such wonderful results the last time I made them. I’ve seen several recipes for baked doughnuts floating around but I knew this recipe would be the next I would try. Cinnamon doughnuts, smothered with a delicious powdered sugar glaze, and topped with sprinkles = my ideal doughnut.
These were very easy and fun to make. My favorite part was definitely adding the glaze and sprinkles. I drizzled the glaze on the doughnuts by placing them on a wire rack with foil under it (which made for very easy clean up!). Another tip, make sure you grease the doughnut pan very well. I thought I did but some of my doughnuts still stuck to the pan a little more than I would have liked. If you have a doughnut pan, you must make these soon (and if you don’t, you need to buy one)!
Cinnamon Glazed Baked Doughnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk. Whisk together for 1 minute. Add the oil and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Grease the doughnut pan very well. Fill each 2/3 of the way. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Cool completely before icing.
- Whisk the first three ingredients together. Add the water slowly until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Spoon icing over doughnuts. Top with sprinkles.