- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 1/2×4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Stir butter into flour mixture until combined. Add orange juice, orange zest, and egg; mix well. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the
center comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10
minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.