How to Prepare Frozen Berries Cake Mix and Sprite
This recipe requires only a few ingredients but promises a burst of flavor in every bite. Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for Frozen Berries Cake Mix and Sprite
- Two 12-oz bags of frozen mixed berries
- 1 box of white cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 can of diet 7-up or Sierra Mist (clear soda)
Directions for Frozen Berries Cake Mix and Sprite
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) to ensure it’s ready for baking.
- Take a 9×13 baking dish and evenly distribute the frozen mixed berries across the bottom.
- Sprinkle the dry white cake mix over the frozen berries. Make sure to spread it out evenly for a consistent texture.
- Now, comes the fun part! Gently pour the can of diet 7-up or Sierra Mist over the cake mix. Take your time to pour it slowly and evenly. Remember, resist the urge to stir the cake mix and soda together. This will lead to the formation of a delightful ‘crust’ on top.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes. Keep an eye on it as baking times might vary depending on your oven.
- Once the dessert has a golden-brown crust on top, remove it from the oven.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving. You can enjoy it warm or at room temperature.
And there you have it! A wonderful Frozen Berries Cake Mix and Sprite dessert that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Can I use a different type of soda?
While the recipe calls for diet 7-up or Sierra Mist, you can certainly experiment with other clear sodas for a different flavor twist. Lemon-lime sodas or even sparkling water could work well!
Can I use fresh berries instead of frozen?
Absolutely! Fresh berries can be a great option if they’re in season. Just be mindful that the texture and taste might differ slightly from using frozen berries.
What’s the purpose of not stirring the cake mix and soda?
Not stirring the cake mix and soda creates a crust-like texture on top of the dessert, which adds an interesting contrast to the soft cake underneath.
Can I add other ingredients to the mix?
Of course! You can get creative and add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a handful of chopped nuts, or even a drizzle of chocolate sauce to enhance the flavors.
How should I store any leftovers?
If you happen to have any leftovers (which might be rare!), simply cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or transfer the dessert to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
Can I serve this dessert with a scoop of ice cream?
Absolutely! A scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream would complement the flavors and textures of the dessert perfectly.
Frozen berries Cake mix and sprite!
- Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries
- 1 box white cake mix no pudding
- 1 can of diet 7-up or sierra mist clear soda
- Place frozen fruit in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop – this will give you a ‘crust’. If you stir the two, you will have a cake-like topping.
- Bake 350 for 45-50 min.