Granola Bites are an easy, healthy snack, perfect for all ages. These are great to have on hand, especially if you just need a quick healthy snack.
Even though I used to make a version of these when I was a child, with just oats, honey, and peanut butter, I can not take credit for this more sophisticated version that incorporates coconut, ground flaxseed, and mini chocolate chips. I found these on the blog, Smashed Peas and Carrots. (I prefer to call them Granola Bites.) I saw this recipe circulate around Pinterest many times, and I knew it I had to try it. My sister shared some that she made, and then I had to make some for myself as well.
I love that you can try various add-ins, much like these other tasty granola bars, to suit your personal tastes. Most of the ingredients are ones that I always have on-hand.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter any nut-butter will work
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Roll into small balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.