Welcome to our blog post on how to prepare the delicious and hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup. This comforting soup is packed with flavorful ingredients and is perfect for those chilly days when you want something warm and satisfying. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and will surely impress your family and friends. So, let’s dive into the details of how to prepare this delicious soup!
How to Prepare Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
If you’re craving a bowl of warm and comforting soup, this recipe for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup is just what you need. With a combination of ground beef, fresh vegetables, and flavorful seasonings, this soup is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need:
Ingredients for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, undrained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf, or more to taste
- ¼ cup water, as needed
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let’s proceed to the step-by-step directions on how to prepare this delicious soup:
Directions for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Crumble the ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, usually about 7 to 10 minutes. Remember to drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir in the diced carrots, chopped celery, and chopped onion into the ground beef. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled and cut potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed whole tomatoes, undrained peas, drained and rinsed corn, and drained and rinsed green beans to the pot. Season the mixture with black pepper to taste. Stir the mixture until everything is evenly mixed.
- Add the ground thyme and bay leaf to the pot. If needed, pour 1/4 cup water over the mixture to moisten it, replenishing as needed while cooking.
- Bring the soup to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook, stirring regularly, until the potatoes are tender. This usually takes about 1 hour.
Once the soup is ready, remove the bay leaf and serve it hot. This Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup is delicious on its own
or served with crusty bread or a side salad. The flavors of the vegetables and the savory ground beef come together to create a comforting and satisfying meal.
Tips for Making Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Here are some tips to make your Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup even more delicious:
- For added flavor, you can sauté the vegetables in a little olive oil before adding them to the ground beef.
- Feel free to customize the soup by adding your favorite vegetables or using different types of canned vegetables.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, you can mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pot to create a thicker broth.
- Adjust the seasonings according to your taste. You can add more black pepper, thyme, or even some dried herbs like oregano or basil.
- If you want to make the soup in advance, you can refrigerate it and reheat it when ready to serve. The flavors will meld together even more, making it even tastier.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I freeze the Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup?
A: Yes, you can freeze this soup for later consumption. Just make sure to let it cool completely before transferring it to freezer-safe containers. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Q: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
A: Absolutely! Ground turkey is a great alternative if you prefer a lighter option or if you don’t eat beef. You can substitute the ground beef with an equal amount of ground turkey in this recipe.
Q: Can I add more vegetables to the soup?
A: Yes, feel free to add more vegetables to the soup according to your preference. You can add additional veggies like bell peppers, zucchini, or even spinach to make it even more nutritious and flavorful.
That wraps up our blog post on how to prepare the delicious Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup. We hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do. It’s a fantastic way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your meal and create a satisfying and comforting dish. Stay warm and happy cooking!
Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 15 ounce can peas, undrained
- 1 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can green beans, drained and rinsed
- ground black pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf or more to taste
- ¼ cup water as needed
- Crumble ground beef into a stockpot over medium-high heat; cook and stir until beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir carrots, celery, and onion into the ground beef; cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, crushed whole tomatoes, undrained peas, corn, and green beans to the pot; season with black pepper. Stir mixture until evenly mixed. Add thyme and bay leaf to the pot. Pour 1/4 cup water over the mixture if needed to moisten mixture, replenishing as needed while cooking.
- Bring soup to a simmer, place a cover on the pot, and cook, stirring regularly, until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.