Wouldn’t it be great if we could make our cakes taste like heaven and keep us healthy? Well, this Heaven on Earth Cake recipe tries to bring that wonder to a cake. This cake will bring surprise, delight and happiness in your day. If you want some awesome info about this recipe then read on.
Heaven On Earth Cake
- 1-2 store-bought angel food cakes or homemade
- 1 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Almond slivers garnish, as needed (toasted, optional)
- Cube angel food cake(s) into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and cold milk, then fold in greek yogurt until smooth and combined.
- Spread 1/2 cake cubes into an even layer in a 9×13-inch baking dish, then top with 2/3 cherry pie filling.
- Top with remaining cake cubes, the pour pudding mixture over cake and spread gently into and even layer.
- Use a rubber or offset spatula to spread frozen whipped topping over pudding layer, then drizzle remaining cherry pie filling on top of the pudding and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Place baking dish in refrigerator and let set for 3+ hours, or overnight.
The recipe is super simple, it’s fun to make, and the results are delicious. Even with all the extra steps this recipe asks you to take, you’ll still be done making the cake in less than an hour (including clean-up). The finished product is great for a party, just don’t forget the candles!