- 2 pounds waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water, lightly salted. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander then let sit for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle but still a bit warm.
Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, then toss them with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and season with salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup lemon juice, olive oil, and yogurt. Stir in the potatoes. Gently toss the potatoes with the scallions, mint, basil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.