- 1 (8 oz) box Mexican rice, prepared
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 limes: 1 juiced and divided, 1 sliced for garnish
- ½ bunch cilantro, divided
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
In a large bowl, toss corn with onion, jalapeño, and bell pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, then pour into a skillet on medium-high heat, spreading evenly around the pan. Roast for 5 minutes, or until corn begins to brown slightly, then stir and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, or until corn is golden roasted. Remove from heat and add ¼ cup chopped cilantro, the juice from ½ lime, and salt and pepper (to taste).
While corn roasts, preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Mix ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil over shrimp and toss. Cover shrimp with seasoning mixture and toss to thoroughly combine. Spread shrimp evenly around the baking sheet.
Roast for 5-7 minutes, slightly longer if for larger shrimp. Remove from oven and toss with corn salsa, juice from ½ lime and reserved cilantro.
Serve with a side of Mexican rice. Enjoy!