If you’re looking for a breakfast treat that is both delicious and easy to make, then Mini Caramel Monkey Bread is the perfect choice. This fun-size version of the classic cinnamon pull-apart bread is made with only five basic ingredients, making it a hassle-free dish that even your little ones can help with. With its irresistible caramel flavor and soft, gooey texture, these monkey bread bites will become a favorite in your household. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make this delightful treat.
The pudding mixed with the brown sugar and butter creates a rich caramel flavor. The base that hold this monkey bread together is creamier and thicker than other breads made without the pudding. You could mix it up a bit and use butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla.
Instructions for Mini Caramel Monkey Bread
Follow these simple steps to create your delicious Mini Caramel Monkey Bread:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
2. Sprinkle a small amount of chopped walnuts into each cup of the muffin tin.
Coating the Biscuit Pieces
1. In a small plastic bowl with a lid, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut each refrigerated biscuit into 8 pieces.
3. Place a handful of biscuit pieces into the sugar mixture, cover the bowl with the lid, and shake it gently to coat the pieces evenly.
Assembling the Monkey Bread
1. Place one layer of coated biscuit pieces into each cup of the muffin tin.
2. Sprinkle a small amount of chopped dates on top of the biscuits in each cup.
3. Repeat the process with another layer of biscuits until the cups are filled about 3/4 of the way.
Preparing the Caramel Sauce
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for about 20 seconds until it is fully melted.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla pudding mix, and milk. Heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil, then remove it from the heat and stir well.
Baking and Serving
1. Pour the caramel mixture over each cup of monkey bread in the muffin tin.
2. Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown.
3. Once baked, remove the monkey bread from the oven and let it cool in the muffin tin on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
4. Gently scrape around the inside edge of each cup with a butter knife to loosen the monkey bread, then invert the tin onto a serving plate.
5. Allow the monkey bread to cool for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Now, you can enjoy the delightful taste of Mini Caramel Monkey Bread with your family and friends!
Can I use different nuts in the recipe?
Absolutely! If you’re not a fan of walnuts or prefer a different type of nut, feel free to substitute them with your preferred choice, such as pecans or almonds.
Can I omit the dates?
Yes, you can omit the dates if you’re not a fan or if you don’t have them on hand. The monkey bread will still turn out delicious without them.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While monkey bread is best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare it in advance and reheat it before serving. Simply store the cooled monkey bread in an airtight container and reheat it in the oven at a low temperature until warmed through.
Can I use homemade biscuit dough instead of refrigerated biscuits?
Certainly! If you prefer to make your own biscuit dough from scratch, go ahead and use your favorite homemade recipe in place of the refrigerated biscuits.
Mini Caramel Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cans 7.5 ounce refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 box 3.4 ounce vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each cup with chopped walnuts.
- Place sugar, cinnamon an nutmeg in a small plastic bowl with a lid.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces using kitchen shears or a knife.
- Place biscuit pieces a handful at a time into the bowl, cover and shake to coat evenly.
- Put one layer of coated biscuit pieces into each pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped dates.
- Repeat with another layer of biscuits, until about 3/4 way full.
- Heat butter in the microwave until melted, about 20 seconds.
- In a small saucepan blend melted butter, brown sugar, pudding mix and milk.
- Heat over medium high heat just until it boils.
- Remove from heat, stir.
- Pour mixture over each pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a butter knife, gently scrape around the inside edge of the pan to loosen.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Let cool an additional 5 minutes before serving.