Last week my mom came to visit for the entire week – Audrey and I had such a blast having her here. When the week was over we were both very sad to see her leave. We relaxed at home, went out a little (if it wasn’t too windy), played with Audrey a ton (of course!), ordered in food, and cooked a little at home as well. It was a chilly week so my mom made her famous chili (no pun intended) and it definitely hit the spot. Delicious chili with loved ones is a perfect combination. Kelly and I loved it and enjoyed it as leftovers even after she left. This chili gets (even) better as it sits so make sure you make enough to have leftovers…..mmmmm! I wouldn’t change a thing except maybe add a little hot chili powder in to give it a little kick. Other than that, please make this soon to enjoy with your loved ones.
Mom´s Famoud Chili
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 can chili beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can 11.5 oz tomato juice
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup elbow noodles
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat. Crumble the hamburger into the pan and cook evenly until brown. Add all ingredients except the elbow noodles. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate medium pot, cook the elbow noodles. Add them to the chili 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with shredded cheese.