Crunch bars are the most delicious snack in existence (maybe they’re tied with Reese’s Pieces…but probably not). I used to eat crunch bars all the time when I was in elementary school. I went on a gigantic crunch bar binge one summer after my parents got divorced. There is something about this sweet and salty combination that is so addicting (I’m pretty sure it’s just the combination of both flavors, not just one). Anyway, since you can only find them in regular grocery stores in March and April around March Madness, I thought it would be perfect to put together a homemade crunch bar recipe. They are easy to make and allow you to sweeten the recipe yourself based on your preferences. Give
Homemade Crunch Bars
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter can substitute any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil can sub for grass fed butter
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or deep baking tray of choice with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add crispy rice cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, combine all your other ingredients and heat until melted. Remove from microwave/off stove and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture over the crispy rice cereal and mix until combined. Pour into the lined baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least an hour).
- Remove and cut into bars.