- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chicken & Veggies
- 3 cups ½-inch diced yellow waxy potato
- 3 cups ½-inch diced carrots
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or substitute boneless, skinless thighs)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Ranch Dressing
- ⅓ cup whole milk, plain greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil mayo*
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Ranch Seasoning
1. Make the Ranch Seasoning by stirring together the onion powder, garlic powder dried dill, and salt until well combined.
2. Place the potato and carrots in the base of a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken stock and ½ tablespoon Ranch Seasoning, tossing to combine. Add the chicken breasts, sprinkle with an additional ½ tablespoon Ranch Seasoning, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
3. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6, or until the chicken is just cooked through. Times will vary depending on the make and model of your slow cooker.
4. Meanwhile, make the Ranch Dressing by whisking together the yogurt, mayo, apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Ranch Seasoning. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
4. Remove the chicken and veggies from the slow cooker. Slice the chicken and serve with the veggies and sauce on the side for drizzling or dipping.
Note: The chicken and veggies will have a very, very mild ranch flavor after cooking. To boost the ranch flavor, drizzle the Ranch Dressing on top or serve alongside for dipping.
*Notes: I prefer avocado oil mayo because it’s free from soy and other additives. If you don’t have it any type of mayo may be used in its place.