I remember growing up by the seaside, where seafood was always abundant and fresh. My mom, a fantastic cook, would always experiment with different ingredients and create mouth-watering dishes. One of my all-time favorites was her seafood lasagna. It was unlike any other lasagna I had ever tasted. It was creamy, rich, and full of flavor. Over the years, I have tried to recreate my mom’s recipe, adding my own twist to it. Today, I am going to share with you my version of seafood lasagna that my family, neighbors, and friends absolutely love.
Every time I prepare this dish, it brings back memories of family gatherings and special occasions. I remember the excitement in the air as everyone gathered around the table, eagerly waiting for the first slice to be served. The blend of shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat, combined with the creamy Alfredo sauce and layers of cheese, was always a hit. It’s a recipe that has been passed down in my family and is now a favorite among my own children and friends. I hope you will enjoy making and serving this dish as much as I do.
How to Prepare Seafood Lasagna
Ingredients for Seafood Lasagna
- 1 package (16 ounces) of lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 pound of sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) of Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 pound of bay scallops
- 1 pound of chopped imitation crabmeat
- 20 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 cups of shredded Italian cheese blend
Directions for Seafood Lasagna
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and mushrooms until they are tender. Then pour in both jars of Alfredo sauce. Stir in the shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until everything is heated through. In a separate medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, and pepper.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, layer the noodles, ricotta mixture, Alfredo mixture, and shredded cheese. Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used, making sure there is shredded cheese for the top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Then cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Can I use fresh crabmeat instead of imitation crabmeat?
Yes, you can definitely use fresh crabmeat instead of imitation crabmeat. Just make sure to remove any shell or cartilage before adding it to the sauce.
Can I prepare this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the seafood lasagna ahead of time. Assemble the lasagna as directed, then cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to bake it, you may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if it is still cold from the refrigerator.
What type of shrimp should I use?
You can use any type of shrimp, but I recommend using medium-sized shrimp. Make sure to peel and devein them before adding them to the sauce.
Can I substitute the scallops with another seafood?
Yes, you can substitute the scallops with another type of seafood such as lobster or fish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as needed, as different seafood may have different cooking times.
What can I serve with seafood lasagna?
Seafood lasagna pairs well with a light salad, garlic bread, and a glass of white wine.
Can I freeze the seafood lasagna?
Yes, you can freeze the seafood lasagna. Allow it to cool completely, then cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer. To reheat, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour or until heated through.
I hope you enjoy making this delicious seafood lasagna recipe. It is always a hit at family gatherings and special occasions. Bon appétit!
- 1 16 ounce package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 16 ounce jars Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat chopped
- 20 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- 6 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sautee garlic and mushrooms until tender. Pour in 2 jars Alfredo sauce. Stir in shrimp, scallops and crabmeat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg and pepper.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer noodles, ricotta mixture, Alfredo mixture and shredded cheese. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ensuring that there is shredded cheese for the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Cover, and bake 15 minutes.