..Advertisements.. Continue reading below
Inspired by your favorite breakfast! How can you go wrong with the classic combo of cream cheese, capers, red onion and smoked salmon? Yep, we said it — these deviled eggs are better than a bagel.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 6 thin slices of smoked salmon (from a 4-ounce package of Nova Scotia Lox)
- Dill, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove yolks, place them in a medium bowl, and mash with a fork.
Stir in the cream cheese, capers, and onion. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
Fill eggs with yolk filling.
Cut each thin slice of lox in half and drape over the egg.
Garnish with a plush of dill.
Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Add eggs to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Cover with lid and let sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water to cool, then peel.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW