..Advertisements.. Continue reading below
Here is my favorite Oatmeal Cookie recipe. These cookies are soft, chewy and full of cinnamon! I like to eat them without raisins, but you can always add them if you like! (See note)
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 3 cups oats quick or old-fashioned
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; mix well. Gradually add to butter/sugar mixture, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add oats; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (I love using my cookie scoop) onto a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes for chewy cookies, or if you like your cookies more on the crisp side, 10-11 minutes. Store tightly covered.
Tips and Thoughts: If you’d like to add another dimension of flavor, you could substitute some or all of the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice. I like to use a lot of cinnamon, but if you prefer less, try using 1 teaspoon instead of 2. To make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, add 1 cup of raisins when mixing in the oats.
....Advertisements.... CONTINUE READING BELOW