It can be hard to say “no” to sweet treats like soft and chewy fudge brownies or moist chocolate cake all the time! Who could blame you for giving in after smelling the aroma of those delectable goodies baking in the oven? But, when you do decide to dive in, it’s important to keep moderation in mind.
There are some tricks you can use to help shape up your eating habits while still spoiling yourself with some tasty goodness. You can cut out the butter and instead, use apple sauce or mashed bananas. You can even cut the sugar you use in half by adding different spices, extracts and flavoring to help boost the sweetness!
If you want to indulge in something delicious that you can feel good about, here’s a recipe for healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- egg replacer equivalent to two eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak raisins in hot water for 1/2 hour, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and walnuts.
- In separate bowl cream oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla, soy yogurt and lemon juice.
- Fold in dry ingredients and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into an oiled 9 inch cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)