Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a light dinner, this quiche is a healthier alternative to traditional recipes by ditching the crust while still delivering all the cheesy goodness you love. Join us as we guide you through the step-by-step process of preparing this mouthwatering dish that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
How to Prepare Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche?
If you’re looking for a quick and simple recipe that doesn’t compromise on taste, this Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is the perfect choice. With its combination of fresh broccoli, savory cheese, and fluffy eggs, it offers a delightful culinary experience. Let’s dive into the ingredients and directions to create this savory masterpiece.
Ingredients for Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche:
– 1 refrigerated pie crust (homemade also works great)
– 3-4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 cups shredded cheese (I like using a mix of provolone and cheddar)
– 8 eggs
– 1/2 cup half and half
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions for Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Press the pie crust into a pie dish, shaping it as you like.
2. Add the broccoli to a microwave-safe bowl and add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the bowl.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
4. Drain the broccoli and spread it evenly in the prepared pie crust.
5. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the broccoli.
6. In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, half and half, flour, salt, and pepper until well blended.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli and cheese in the pie crust.
8. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
9. Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden and only jiggles slightly when shaken gently.
10. Once baked, remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
11. Slice and serve your Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, and enjoy the cheesy, flavorful goodness!
Tips for the Perfect Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche:
1. Customize the cheese: While this recipe calls for a mix of provolone and cheddar cheese, feel free to experiment with other cheeses such as Swiss, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack to add your own personal touch.
2. Enhance the flavor: You can elevate the flavor of your quiche by adding sautéed onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the broccoli mixture before baking. Just make sure to cook them until tender before incorporating them into the recipe.
3. Make it ahead: This quiche can be prepared in advance, making it an ideal option for entertaining. Simply bake it according to the recipe instructions, let it cool, cover tightly, and refrigerate. When you’re ready to serve, reheat slices in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
Can I make this quiche without the pie crust?
Absolutely! That’s the beauty of this recipe. By omitting the crust, you reduce the overall carbohydrate content and make it a gluten-free option. Just make sure to grease the pie dish before adding the broccoli and egg mixture.
Can I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli if you don’t have fresh on hand. Thaw and drain it before adding it to the quiche.
Can I substitute milk for half and half?
Yes, you can use milk as a substitute for half and half. However, keep in mind that half and half adds richness to the quiche, so using milk might result in a slightly less creamy texture.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze leftover quiche. Allow it to cool completely, slice it into portions, and wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped slices in a freezer-safe bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie crust homemade also works great
- 3-4 cups broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheese I like using a mix of provolone and cheddar
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375. Press the pie crust into a pie dish, shaping it as you like.
- Add the broccoli to a microwave safe bowl and add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 2-3 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Drain the broccoli and spread it in the prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the broccoli. In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, half and half, flour, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top of the quiche is lightly golden and only jiggles slightly when shaken gently.