A delicious one-dish weeknight dinner with juicy chicken tenders in a fresh lemony sauce fragrant with garlic and tossed with pasta.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 pound penne, cooked until al dente
Heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and brown, about 4 minutes each side. Use tongs to remove from the pan to a plate.
Turn the heat down to medium, add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and the red pepper flakes. Add the white wine, lemon juice, and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the chicken back into the pan, and simmer for 1 more minute or until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the butter to melt. Add the parsley and the pasta and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before serving.