I must admit something to you though, I’m not a big fan of cheesecake. I know, how can I have a baking blog and not like cheesecake, right? Even though it’s not my favorite thing this recipe jumped out at me the moment I saw it since I adore oreos and I’ll take any opportunity I have to eat them. If you love cheesecake you must make these cupcakes soon. They are so darn easy to make that I’m pretty sure I could even make them now with a baby in the house! Since there’s no frosting to add to the cupcake it makes it that much easier. Even though these aren’t my favorite cupcakes I did enjoy them a lot, and I know all you cheesecake lovers out there will definitely enjoy them!
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 Oreos – 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners, and place 1 Oreo in the bottom of each cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the sugar, and beat until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, then drizzle in the eggs. When well combined, mix in the sour cream and salt. Stir in the chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins, filling each one almost to the top. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until the filling is just set, about 22 minutes.
- Transfer the tins to wire racks to cool completely, then refrigerate (in tins) at least 4 hours. Remove from tins just before serving.